[GE users] Running prolog as a different user

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Mon Jun 1 22:15:41 BST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use the prolog for file staging, running it as a separate user so users don't have to be concerned about setting up automatic SSH authentication.  I don't have root access, so the problem I am running into is that the $TMPDIR by default is created without write access to group users.  Is there any way I can change the default permissions setting for the tmp directory set up by sge_execd?  I want to set umask for each user to allow my prolog user to write into the tmp directory, but I don't know where I can set the umask so that it is read when sge_execd is executed.  I'm using bash shell, but setting the umask in .bash_profile doesn't seem to help.

Thanks!

Sum