[GE users] Windows 2008 Server install Error

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Tue Jun 2 11:35:22 BST 2009

Hi manju,

manju wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Thanks for the input, i was trying this username mapping/NFS stuffs
> from last  two days, its not working well as u said...
>
> ALL our config files seat on filers, from windows we should be able to
> access using CIFS instead of SAMBA(in ur case) it will help us a lot
> if you can tell us how you made SAMBA share persistent  always(means
> it should not depends on the user login, it should be  Available
> always through out the system).or link which explains this
> installation...

Exactly like I did with the NFS shares. I create a link to
/net/$SERVER/$SHARE, e.g.

# su -
# ln -s /net/my_samba_server/my_home_share /home

> we use SUA version "Interix de02sg2k8vw 6.0 10.0.6030.0" if sge work
> well with this version we dont need any hotfix but again your small
> write up help us a lot...

That's exactly the version I'm using and I had no problems with it so
far. I didn't apply any hotfixes explicitely, but I don't know if
Windows Update applied some automatically.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com