[GE users] license Juggler?

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Jun 3 15:06:54 BST 2009

Platform will happily sell you license management add-ons for LSF,
heh. I think they even developed it with whomever owns the flexlm IP
these days (macrovision?).

The published "Olesen flexLM" methods that SGE people use are designed
to avoid race conditions cause by the "official" load sensor way of
reporting external data into Grid Engine. The Olesen method rapidly
modifies values within the SGE complex and this is not something that
maps cleanly to LSF internals.

Your best bet is to start with an LSF "elim" script which is the
Platform "offical" way to report external data into the system. It
should not be hard to write an elim scrip that queries your various
license servers. If you can't get the elim methods to work then I'm
sure other LSF users have found other methods (I just don't know of
them ...)

My $.02

-Chris