[GE users] checkpointing on solaris

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:24:11 BST 2009

On 6/3/09, jobic <jobic at polytech.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:
> It seems like, i may be wrong, that gridengine can be easily interfaced
> with an external checkpointing program.
> It seems like that a lot of people use blcr. However, that's not running
> on solaris.

BLCR is a kernel-level checkpointing mechanism for Linux. I don't
think Solaris has kernel-level checkpointing implemented yet.

(Also, BLCR requires you to patch the kernel, as the vanilla Linux
kernel does not support checkpointing.)

> Is there a way to have the checkpointing on solaris ?
> I would like to activate it for parallel jobs.

There are a few checkpinting libraries available on Solaris:

http://checkpointing.org/

Rayson