[GE users] Windows 2008 Server install Error

manju manju.kudu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 10:46:25 BST 2009

Hi Harald,

just i made this entry local user map = /etc/local.map in smb.conf file.

my local.map looks like in below

root = localmachine\Administrator localmachine+Administrator
sgeadmin = localmachine\sgeadmin localmachine+sgeadmin

i am able to access and if i create any file, its showing exact
username/group in UNIX...

Every thing looks good so far in terms of mapping/access but SGE
installation will went thru as well but sge_execd is not running..
some where i am missing again...

Whenever i tried to stop/start the sge_execd doemain i will get the below error.
% /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.test stop
   Shutting down Grid Engine execution daemon
ls: /var/spool//localmachine/active_jobs: No such file or directory

installation will not give any error

Any idea whats wrong???

thanks
manjunath A