[GE users] SGE Server problems

flummoxed alavell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:51:09 BST 2009

I'm trying to run a program called MetaMap on a cluster using the SGE. For MetaMap to run, it requires two servers to be running on the local machine. If I start the servers on the head node, they're not being recognized by the compute nodes on the cluster. I tried adding the scripts that start the servers directly in the qsub scripts immediately before the script tries to run metamap, in hopes that they would be started on the local node, and hence work. The servers reported being started correctly, but MetaMap still didn't work.

Is there some way to make the compute nodes look to the head node for the servers?