[GE users] send signals through gridengine

Fri Jun 5 11:19:19 BST 2009

> One of my user wants to send some special signal through gridengine.
> He would like to have a more "interactive" code, and add some behavior
> with different signals.

We've had really bad experience with signals causing the wrong behaviour with openmpi, so I'd tend to steer away for using them if possible.
If your user has access to the source code, I'd recommend communicating by placing commands in a special file that is to be read by the software. It is primitive, but very reliable.

/mark

message from your computer.