[GE users] bogomips as a selection criteria

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 5 11:25:42 BST 2009

I have a queue bound to users workstation. Due to a contant workstation provisioning, some differs in CPU speed but not architecture or RAM.
Is there a way to tell SGE to select the "most powerful" workstations inside a queue ?
I though to add the bogomips index as a loadsensor host information using, say, this line to get the lower bogomips index in a multi-cpu hardware :
$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | awk '/bogomips/ {print $3}' | sort -n | head -1

Second step is to tell SGE to prefer hosts with the higher bogomips index inside the same queue, a kind of "soft request" on bogomips.
And here is where I'm stuck.

Any tips ?

Thanks,
Ionel