[GE users] remove exec host from scheduling

dangruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Fri Jun 5 16:13:32 BST 2009

Mark,

Actually a much better method is to set the number of slots on the given
host to zero:

qconf -mattr exechost complex_values slots=0 <hostname>

I say better because it doesn't matter how many queues you may have
accessing a particular host, they all will be stopped.

Current jobs will finish, but no new jobs will start.  Once you put the
host back into service, set the number of slots back to the number of
processors (or whatever).

Dan

ms wrote:
> Thanks to all of you for your quick response - great mailing list!
>

> Mark
> olesen schrieb:
>
>>> The command "qmod -d all.q@<hostname>" will put the queue in
>>> 'disabled' state which will do exactly what you want -- running jobs
>>> will not be touched and new work will not land on that node.
>>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> You can be even lazier and use a wildcard to specify all queues on this
>> host:
>>
>>    qmod -d *@<hostname>
>>
>> or even using globbing patterns. For example,
>>
>>    qmod -d *@host0[1-9]
>>

>> /mark
>>
>> This e-mail message and any attachments may contain
>> legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information,
>> or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON
>> Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice
>> serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined
>> in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender
>> and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
>> or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this
>> message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
>> notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
>> of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
>> If you have received this message in error, please
>> immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail
>> message from your computer.

Dan Gruhn
Group W Inc.
8315 Lee Hwy, Suite 303