[GE users] Accounting does not work anymore

arnuschky arne.brutschy at ulb.ac.be
Mon Jun 8 13:13:00 BST 2009

Hi,

up to now, I used the command

 /opt/gridengine/bin/lx26-x86/qacct -o -d 30

to generate an accounting report for cpu usage for the last 30 days.
This stopped working now. I only get values when I omit the -d (days)
flag to the command, regardless of the days I specify.

It might be connected to the sge helper script
/opt/gridengine/util/logchecker.sh I added to my crontab, because the
file /opt/gridengine/default/common/accounting grew way too large.

After the accounting stopped working, I removed the script again. T he
old behavior did not come back, though..

Does anyone know why this might have stopped working?
I'm using GE 6.0u8 on a rocks 4.2.1/centos 4.0

Cheers,
Arne