[GE users] Accounting does not work anymore

eddale eddale at cs.unc.edu
Mon Jun 8 14:03:41 BST 2009

When you run the rotate logs script, it moves the old log records to a
different file.  The qacct program, by default, only looks in the
default accounting file.  If you want to see those old records, you'll
have to point it at the backup file using the -f command line
argument.  I think the accounting files from previous days are stored
in the same directory with an integer suffix.

Edward

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:13 AM, arnuschky<arne.brutschy at ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> up to now, I used the command
>
>  /opt/gridengine/bin/lx26-x86/qacct -o -d 30
>
> to generate an accounting report for cpu usage for the last 30 days.
> This stopped working now. I only get values when I omit the -d (days)
> flag to the command, regardless of the days I specify.
>
> It might be connected to the sge helper script
> /opt/gridengine/util/logchecker.sh I added to my crontab, because the
> file /opt/gridengine/default/common/accounting grew way too large.
>
> After the accounting stopped working, I removed the script again. T he
> old behavior did not come back, though..
>
> Does anyone know why this might have stopped working?
> I'm using GE 6.0u8 on a rocks 4.2.1/centos 4.0
>
> Cheers,
> Arne

Edward Dale
eddale at cs.unc.edu