[GE users] mqxvmem

adary adary at marvell.com
Mon Jun 8 14:26:38 BST 2009

Does anyone know how is maxvmem exactly calculated ?

I?m monitoring a very large job, and it seems that maxvmem is a few gig larger than the actual memory peak than the job had:

usage    1:                 cpu=1:00:09:50, mem=5211650.50705 GBs, io=0.00000, vmem=81.416G, maxvmem=93.200G

The job actually never went over 84g memory.

Am I misinterpreting maxvmem to begin with? I understand that the value is the actual memory peak that the job had.

Thanks in advance,

Y.

________________________________
Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
6 Hamada Street
Mordot HaCarmel Industrial Park
Yokneam, 20692, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office:  +972.4.9091188 - OnNet: 704.1188
Fax:      +972.4.9091501
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.