[GE users] SGE 6.2u2 qrsh timeout

adary adary at marvell.com
Tue Jun 9 11:32:29 BST 2009

It seems that there is a timeout in qrsh sessions that go through the new built in mechanism in SGE 6.2u2.

We experienced unexpected interruptions of idle qrsh sessions with the error message :

mantle[20]> error: commlib error: got select error (Connection timed out)

This never happens in an active session that is using CPU.

is there a way to disable this timeout since I haven?t found anything relevant in the documentation.

Cheers,

Y.

________________________________
Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
6 Hamada Street
Mordot HaCarmel Industrial Park
Yokneam, 20692, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office:  +972.4.9091188 - OnNet: 704.1188
Fax:      +972.4.9091501
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.