[GE users] JSV scripts running unreliably

ah_sunsource ahaupt at ifh.de
Wed Jun 10 14:10:54 BST 2009

Hi Ernst,

thanks for your reply.

On Wed, 2009-06-10 at 13:32 +0200, ernst wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Your JSV scripts are restarted due to two reasons:
>
> 1) The Message "JSV modification time in ..." indicates that the
> modification time stamp of your JSV script has changed. Within GE a
> worker thread detects that and restarts the corresponding JSV process
> when the next incoming job should be verified.

OK.

> 2) There is a  protocol error between a JSV process and the
> corresponding thread in master. I assume that your JSV script is not
> implemented correctly. The first job that is verified by JSV process is
> handled correctly but the second results in a protocol error.
> To debug your JSV script you can set the "logging_enabled" and
> "log_file" variable in the file that is included in your JSV script
> (e.g. JSV.pm,  jsc_include.tcl or  jsv_include.sh). After enabling this
> you can find the data that is exchanged between master and JSV process
> in the log_file.

I'm assuming a bug in my jsv as well ... ;-) But I don't really see a
reason for this. I'm attaching it. Nevertheless I found a perl example
and rewrote the jsv in perl and this one works perfectly :-)

I've also enabled logging but I only get a logfile in case the check
runs correctly. In the other case no log is written at all. Any idea?

Cheers,
Andreas
--