[GE users] JSV scripts running unreliably

ernst Ernst.Bablick at sun.com
Wed Jun 10 18:01:10 BST 2009

Hi Andreas,

The reason for your problem is the line "if [ $all_ok]; then". You
should replace it by "if [ $all_ok -eq 1 ]; then".
Due to that error the jsv_reject() and jsv_accept() functions are both
executed. As a result an error message will be send to master that
will trigger a restart of corresponding process. Unfortunately the error
message is not logged to the message file. This would have helped you to
find the error.

In general I recommend that you implement your script in a different
scripting language (e.g. TCL or Perl). Bourne shell does not provide
built in parsing capabilities and lines like "value=`echo $h_vmem | head
-c -2`" fork a process. This might become a performance bottleneck.

Cheers,

Ernst

--
Sun Microsystems GmbH             Ernst Bablick
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7             Software Engineer
http://www.sun.de                 mailto: ernst.bablick at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel