[GE users] Selective pressure on hosts.

jesperkrogh jesper at krogh.cc
Thu Jun 11 06:15:33 BST 2009

Hi.

We have a cluster, where the nodes are different. Sometimes the cluster
is fully loaded and in the queue we have jobs sitting that accepts "any"
node, and jobs that requests a particular node.

The stuff that accepts "any" node is an array of mpi-jobs, so the next
will be scheduled when the first one leaves the cluster. At some point
in time there will not be an overall queue-pressure any more but only
pressure at the hosts for which jobs has specifically requestes nodes.

All jobs are equal priority. Can I make gridengine while scheduling
"any-node-job", be aware that three is pressure elsewhere on "some
hosts", so it doesnt fill those up when it equally well could have
chosen the others?

At the moment .. I have nodes sitting idle, with jobs on "high pressure
nodes" sitting in the queue and any-node-jobs sitting on the high
pressure nodes.

Jesper

--
Jesper