[GE users] non interrupted minor version upgrade

adary adary at marvell.com
Thu Jun 11 11:04:54 BST 2009

Hi Everyone,

Do you think it would be possible to do a ?live upgrade? from 6.2u2 to 6.2u3 ?

Basically stop all execd?s with softstop, shutdown all masters and shadows, overwrite the binaries, and start everything up again.

Or would I need to do bdb export/import to do a trick like this?

The reason is that I need the bug fixes from 6.2u3 (once it comes out) and I cant shut down the whole gridl and all running jobs to do it.

________________________________
Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
6 Hamada Street
Mordot HaCarmel Industrial Park
Yokneam, 20692, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office:  +972.4.9091188 - OnNet: 704.1188
Fax:      +972.4.9091501
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.