[GE users] relocating a BDB

tmacmd tmacmd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:33:40 BST 2009

I have a stand-alone server for my BDB (call it server e39)
I need to move it to server x1. What all needs to be done to properly
relocate a database to a different machine?

I also have a master/slave configuration(e40 and f40). I suspect that
I can just add two more servers to the shadows file
and then fail over at some point. I think this won't be too bad.

I just need guidelines on move the BDB to a new server.

--tmac

RedHat Certified Engineer #804006984323821 (RHEL4)
RedHat Certified Engineer #805007643429572 (RHEL5)

Principal Consultant