[GE users] relocating a BDB

tmacmd tmacmd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 11:48:18 BST 2009

Would you be able to elaborate on your answer...?
I tried nfsv4 with my database at one point under 6.1u2 and kept having issues.
I would love to have the db on nfs...just finding the right way to do it.

I suspect after going to nfsv4, the BDB is no longer needed like you
say and the DB server would simply use flat files?
Right now I have a DB server, a master and a slave. (each is a dual
single core AMD CPU with 4GB of RAM).
I have some dual quad-core Intel CPU servers with 16GB of RAM. I would
like to move there but use as few as possible.

Any recommendations?

--tmac

RedHat Certified Engineer #804006984323821 (RHEL4)
RedHat Certified Engineer #805007643429572 (RHEL5)

Principal Consultant