[GE users] Accounting does not work anymore

arnuschky arne.brutschy at ulb.ac.be
Thu Jun 11 11:58:52 BST 2009

Thanks for your reply,

unfortunately, I do not rotate the logs. There are no files with .1 etc
in that directory. The file has been left untouched for the last 3
months. Still, I can't get any data from it when specifying a day.

But it works fine when using "qacct -o" without any other argument.

Anyone encountered this before? Is there a way to re-setup the
accounting?

Cheers,
Arne

On Mo, 2009-06-08 at 09:03 -0400, eddale wrote:
> When you run the rotate logs script, it moves the old log records to a
> different file.  The qacct program, by default, only looks in the
> default accounting file.  If you want to see those old records, you'll
> have to point it at the backup file using the -f command line
> argument.  I think the accounting files from previous days are stored
> in the same directory with an integer suffix.
>
> Edward
>
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:13 AM, arnuschky<arne.brutschy at ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > up to now, I used the command
> >
> >  /opt/gridengine/bin/lx26-x86/qacct -o -d 30
> >
> > to generate an accounting report for cpu usage for the last 30 days.
> > This stopped working now. I only get values when I omit the -d (days)
> > flag to the command, regardless of the days I specify.
> >
> > It might be connected to the sge helper script
> > /opt/gridengine/util/logchecker.sh I added to my crontab, because the
> > file /opt/gridengine/default/common/accounting grew way too large.
> >
> > After the accounting stopped working, I removed the script again. T he
> > old behavior did not come back, though..
> >
> > Does anyone know why this might have stopped working?
> > I'm using GE 6.0u8 on a rocks 4.2.1/centos 4.0
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Arne

Arne Brutschy
Ph.D. Student                    Email    arne.brutschy(AT)ulb.ac.be
IRIDIA CP 194/6                  Web      iridia.ulb.ac.be/~abrutschy
Universite' Libre de Bruxelles   Tel      +32 2 650 3168
Avenue Franklin Roosevelt 50     Fax      +32 2 650 2715
1050 Bruxelles, Belgium          (Fax at IRIDIA secretary)