[GE users] relocating a BDB

adary adary at marvell.com
Thu Jun 11 12:18:59 BST 2009

In the nfs4 setup you don't need a separate database server at all.

In my setup the master and shadow servers are SPARC/Solaris10 hosts, but I don't see a problem to do it with RHEL5/x64 (or any other distro with decent nfsv4 support)

My database files are on netapp share, nfs mounted to master and shadow servers, and I never experienced a single problem (the grid is ~2000 cpu cpres, ~400 exec hosts)

If you still use SGE 6.1 you cant install directly on nfsv4 share (not 100% sure about that) but with 6.2 I never had a single problem. I just chose Berkeley db for database, without spool server.