[GE users] checking job return status in epilog script

madpower prandtstetter at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 12 13:15:24 BST 2009

Hi,

> So the job (the process) still runs on the execution host,
No. It sleeps on the execution host...
> but SGE
> doesn't list it as a running job any more?
...and SGE believes it is still running. (Which is from SGE view correct.)

> What and how exactly did you submit, and what does the "pstree" output
> of your job and of the sge_execd look like?
Well, submitted was simply by using the qsub command with some arguments
 only necessary for the program itself, i.e., no special parameters
given to SGE. Everything else looks quite normal.

So, as written in my previous post, we are currently doing an upgrade to
the new linux kernel. Maybe this will solve all of our problems. Thanks
to everyone trying to help, but I think, since we are changing our
system now, it won't be worth the energy put into solving this problem,
since they might be gone.
Nevertheless, if there are still problems left, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Matthias