[GE users] Multiple forced complexes

eddale eddale at cs.unc.edu
Fri Jun 12 17:48:15 BST 2009

Hello all,

Is there an elegant way to have a queue require one of a number of
forced complexes.  In our grid, one machine (node1) has a large amount
of memory (himem), as well as a couple of software packages (maya,
comsol) that aren't installed elsewhere.  We'd like users to be able
to request a node with the himem complex, or the maya complex, or the
comsol complex and end up on node1, but a user who doesn't request any
of these can't end up there.  Previously, there's just been the himem
complex, so I've made it forced and the problem was solved.  Now,
there are these extra software packages that I'd like users to be able
to request, but forced requests are ANDed together, instead of ORed.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks,
Edward

--