[GE users] qrsh can't walk through firewall

deltag jarodpardon at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Jun 13 06:10:31 BST 2009

hi, all, I use qrsh to submit interactive jobs in a small two-node cluster. Because there is firewall set up on one node, the connection of qrsh can't be established. As I know, qrsh will open some tcp port on both of submit host and qmaster host, but these port numbers seem random. Is there some way to constrain the port numbers in a range? Because I can't turn off firewall completely, but can open some range of ports in firewall rule.