[GE dev] Unable to contact ...yada, yada, yada - solved (sort off)

valeriol valerio.luccio at nyu.edu
Fri Jun 19 17:53:04 BST 2009

Using the dl feature (thanks Marco) and the same SGE version that is
running on the master, I discovered that the hostame on my Ubuntu box
did not have the fully qualified name (no domain name.) Fixed that, it
now works.

The newer client version that comes with the Ubuntu packages still won't
work, but I don't know if that's a problem with the package or the
conflict between the SGE versions. When I have some time I will upgrade
the SGE on the master and then try again.

Thanks,

--
Valerio Luccio			(212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging	4 Washington Place, Room 156

        "In an open world, who needs windows or gates?"