[GE users] Distribution of jobs among queues.

mad margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri Jun 19 20:05:11 BST 2009

I have several queues.  Each queue has a separate list of people.

One of the queues remains empty for long periods of time, so I would
like to make the empty queue available to the other users.   I have
four groups of users, say a, b, c, d.  Their corresponding queues are
qa, qb, qc, and qd.  qd is the queue that sometimes is not being used.

I use qmon to change the queues.  In the Parallel Environment
Configuation panel,

	 I added the users a, b, c and d to the list of Users for the PE list
for qd.
	I added users a, b, c and d to the list of users allowed access to qd
in the Modify qd in the Control Queues window.

	I found a job that was submitted to the qa queue is running half in
qa and half in  qd when there  was plenty of room to run the complete
job in qa.

	If a job is submitted to a certain queue, I would like the job
staying within that queue.  I also want the user  to have his choice
between two different queues.

	How do I set up the queues?