[GE users] Propagate job submission shell resource limits to job execution shell

parimi Venkateswara.Rao.Parimi at deshaw.com
Mon Jun 22 03:22:44 BST 2009

Hello.

Have anyone come across this situation and know any workarounds?

% limit
cputime      unlimited
filesize     unlimited
datasize     unlimited
stacksize    10240 kbytes
coredumpsize 10 kbytes    <====
vmemoryuse   unlimited
descriptors  1024         <====

% qrsh limit
cputime      unlimited
filesize     unlimited
datasize     unlimited
stacksize    10240 kbytes
coredumpsize unlimited    <====
vmemoryuse   unlimited
descriptors  256          <====

I'm aware of setting some of the resource limits per queue and send TERM
signal to the job if it exceeds the set resource limit but couldn't find
any information on how we can propagate the resource limits on the job
submission environment to the job execution shell.

Any hints on the subject are highly appreciated.

Thanks, Parimi V.