[GE users] Resource quotas vs max_u_jobs

adary adary at marvell.com
Mon Jun 22 11:16:37 BST 2009

limit users {*} to slots=50

That will do the trick

-----Original Message-----
From: markhewitt [mailto:mh613 at york.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 1:04 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: [GE users] Resource quotas vs max_u_jobs

Currently we have max_u_jobs limited to 50 on a cluster with approx 150
slots.

Now this isn't ideal as it means that users cannot submit any more than
50 jobs at a time.

What we'd prefer is if users can actually submit up to 100 jobs, but
only 50 would actually be allowed to run at any one time. The idea being
that if someone else with higher priority came along in the meantime
then their jobs would go through first.

I've looked as resource quotas but I've not managed to restrict slots on
a per user basis, just on a whole cluster basis.