[GE users] Propagate job submission shell resource limits to job execution shell

crei crei at sun.com
Mon Jun 22 14:58:19 BST 2009

Hi,

The user limits are host OS specific values. Perhaps it helps to add
host consumables to the hosts which can be used as additional submit
parameters:

e.g.: > qsub -l descriptors 1024 ...

Or raise the default limit values on the hosts where it is to low ...

Regards,

Christian

On 06/22/09 04:22, parimi wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Have anyone come across this situation and know any workarounds?
>
> % limit
> cputime      unlimited
> filesize     unlimited
> datasize     unlimited
> stacksize    10240 kbytes
> coredumpsize 10 kbytes    <====
> vmemoryuse   unlimited
> descriptors  1024         <====
>
> % qrsh limit
> cputime      unlimited
> filesize     unlimited
> datasize     unlimited
> stacksize    10240 kbytes
> coredumpsize unlimited    <====
> vmemoryuse   unlimited
> descriptors  256          <====
>
> I'm aware of setting some of the resource limits per queue and send TERM
> signal to the job if it exceeds the set resource limit but couldn't find
> any information on how we can propagate the resource limits on the job
> submission environment to the job execution shell.
>
> Any hints on the subject are highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Parimi V.

Sun Microsystems GmbH             Christian Reissmann
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7             Software Engineer
D-93049 Regensburg                Phone: +49 (0)941 3075 112
Germany                           Fax:   +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.de                 mailto: Christian.Reissmann at sun.com
                                   http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028