[GE users] Qmaster hangs frequently (v6.2_u2)

crei crei at sun.com
Mon Jun 22 15:16:38 BST 2009

Hi,

thanks for reporting a problem. Can you please add some more information
about your cluster configuration.

- Are you spooling on NFS directory? (Problem with file server?)
- What is your spooling method?
- Any entries in the qmaster messages file?
- Was/is it possible to qping the qmaster during downtime?
- How large is your cluster?
- What is your Job throughput/submit rate?

Regards,

Christian

On 06/22/09 05:01, parimi wrote:
> Hello.
>
> We have been using v6.2u2 for last two+ months. Last week alone qmaster
> just stopped responding three times. Restarting qmaster doesn't help.
> One weird workaround is to clean up spool directory and with all recent
> jobs and restart qmaster. Such a pain!
>
> Anyone noticed this issue before with this version or earlier?
>
> Thanks, Parimi V.

Sun Microsystems GmbH             Christian Reissmann
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7             Software Engineer
D-93049 Regensburg                Phone: +49 (0)941 3075 112
Germany                           Fax:   +49 (0)941 3075 222
http://www.sun.de                 mailto: Christian.Reissmann at sun.com
                                   http://www.sun.com/gridengine
Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028