[GE users] Host priority

remi remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com
Tue Jun 23 13:15:14 BST 2009

Hello,

We have an SMP application configured to run on 2 nodes in our cluster (hots A and B). Most of the time it is sufficient but sometimes we have too much jobs and they are put in queue. We want to use another node (C) to handle this case: if A and B are full, then we allow jobs to run on C. We really want C to be used only if A and B are full.

All these nodes are linked to the same queue.

I thought to add a complex resource to A and B, and request it with ?soft attribute of qsub.
Do you see any better way to do so?

Thanks a lot
Kind regards,

Rémi CHAFFARD
Société SOLUTEC
On behalf of Volvo IT ? GI&O / SP / AP / PDEV
Tel: +33 4 72 96 61 52
Email: mailto:remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com