[GE users] Prefer submitting to priority queue over subordinate queue

opoplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Jun 24 00:05:38 BST 2009

We have a collection of machines in our grid, some of which were
purchased by specific researchers and I want to give them priority on
those machines.  So, I have created "owner" queues for the various
machines, limited access to them, and made the general "compute" queue
subordinate to the owner queue.  The problem I see now is when a member
of the owner queue submits jobs, they first go into the compute queue,
then the owner queue is filled and the compute queue jobs are suspended.
  It's not the end of the world because they will eventually run, but it
does create a funny situation.  It seems like the scheduler should be
able to compare the two queues on the same host and submit to the
non-subordinated one first.

We're running 6.2u2_1.

--
Orion Poplawski