[GE dev] Review for IZ 3063

joga Joachim.Gabler at sun.com
Wed Jun 24 07:24:20 BST 2009

Hello Michael,
On 06/23/09 19:02, mpospisil wrote:

Hello Joachim,
after investigating this CR, I found that an error message is in fact
output to the user, but that no log file is created. Therefore only half
the CR was already fixed (presumably by a check-in that some one else
made). So since the user is already aware of the error through the
output message, all I did was write that same error message to the log
file so that it could be checked at a later time.
Hope this clears things up.

OK, got it now.
The fix looks good to me.
But wouldn't it then make sense to add the $INFOTEXT -log also to all the other error situations in CheckConfigFile()?
This of course goes beyond the scope of IZ 3063, but I think it would be good to fix logging for the whole function.

   Joachim

Michael

joga wrote:

Hello Michael,

in the IZ I read that no error message is output and no log file is created.
Is this actually the case? This would mean, that the $INFOTEXT -e <message>
in the code wouldn't have any effect at all?
If that's the case, would it make sense to just replace the $INFOTEXT -e
by $INFOTEXT -log?
For all $INFOTEXT in this shell function CheckConfigFile(), which I
assume is anyway only called for auto intallation?

Best regards,

  Joachim

mpospisil wrote:

This is a simple fix for an install issue. Some one who has time, could
they do a review for me for these changes.
Thanks,

Michael