[GE users] can't get password entry for user either the user does not exist or NIS error

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Wed Jun 24 14:40:22 BST 2009

This error message just tells you that the getpwnam_r(3C) failed. You
don't need NIS to solve this, you just have to set up your user DB in a
way that getpwnam_r(3C) can retrieve the informations of the user from it.

What your user DB is should be defined in /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com