[GE users] consume resources during qlogin

murple andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Wed Jun 24 14:41:26 BST 2009

Hi,

it's probably not possible but I ask just in case.
I created a coures consumable to account for the need for cpu cores. Now
I'd like to know if it's possible to consume additional cores while
logged in with qlogin (or qrsh?)

Use case: User wants to run interactive programm, uses qlogin to get a
node. The default 1 core is consumed. During this session the user
noticed that he wants to run a multi-process or multi-threaded app. He
calls <q_consume> to consume additional cores, runs his app and releases
the resources after.

regards, Andreas