[GE users] Partitions with SGE

steve_s elcorto at gmx.net
Wed Jun 24 17:58:11 BST 2009

Hi all

We're about to install an new cluster and are evaluating different batch
systems. We have experience with LSF on other systems and OpenPBS on our
own small system. Now, we also want to have a look at SGE. Since the new
machine will have nodes in several switch hierarchies, we like to be
able to manage these partitions with the batch system (i.e. require a
job to run within one partition). Is this possible wit SGE? I searched
the docs and list archives but was not able to find something
appropriate. Sorry if I overlooked something obvious. Thanks in advance.

best,
Steve