[GE users] Host sorting order for job scheduling

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Thu Jun 25 10:10:59 BST 2009

Hello Christian,

> Do you mean the queue_sort_method parameter (see man sched_conf)?

Yes...sort of. I don`t get it exactly if (and how) to apply the sort order for queues and for hosts inside queues.
As of my understanding the "queue_sort_method" sorts queues, but not hosts - either the queues get sorted by load (default) or by their respective "seq_no" parameter?
But how can I influence the host sort order inside a queue?

Just as example: I have 10 hosts "h1" to "h10". Two queues A.q and B.q are created on each all ten hosts. For A.q I'd like to fill slots from "h1" to "h10", for B.q I'd like to fill slots from "h10" to "h1". As far as I can see it is not possible to aply a host order anyhow or two different host orders for different queues.
Sorry for this quite basic question but the man pages seem to be a little indifferent about this.

Thanks,
Soeren