[GE dev] review for IZ 3064

joga Joachim.Gabler at sun.com
Thu Jun 25 16:19:42 BST 2009

Hello Michael,
mpospisil wrote:
> Hello team,
> here is another install fix for IZ 3064. Anyone who has the time, could
> they please do a review for me.
> This fix checks to see if there is a bdb server running on the qmaster
> host before trying to remove both the qmaster spool directory and the
> spooldb directory. In the case that there is one running, the qmaster
> uninstall skips over the removal of these directories as they are still
> needed by the bdb server.

What if the bdb server is running on a different host,
but has its spool directory somewhere under the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL
directory?
Would the directories get deleted then?

Maybe, as soon as a bdb server installation is detected,
the bdb spool directory and the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgebdb file
should *not* get deleted by the qmaster de-installation.

I think when the installation is done with bdb server,
its the bdb server installation that creates the
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/...,
so it should probably also be the bdb server de-installation that
deletes it again.

Best regards,

   Joachim