[GE users] Max job limit of 8??

jagladden gladden at chem.washington.edu
Fri Jun 26 00:03:39 BST 2009

I'm stumbling through the process of setting up my first sge system.
For some reason, despite the fact the system has 48 dual quad-core
execution hosts, I seem presently able to only get 8 jobs to run at a
time.  Anything beyond the 8th jobs simply sits in the "qw" state until
there are less then 8 executing jobs.  I have three cluster queues set
up, each with access to all the nodes.  I have tried submitting to
different queues under different user names, but the overall limit
remains at 8.  Any suggestions?

James Gladden