[GE users] Host sorting order for job scheduling

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Fri Jun 26 08:51:33 BST 2009

Hello Christian,

> you can define the sequence nr in a queue for every queue instance like this:
>
> qconf -sq all.q
> seq_no                0,[brag=1]
>
> this means on host brag the seq_no is 1

Thanks for the hint, this helped to solve my issue! Everything works now as expected.

The problem with this issue was that although this feature is mentioned at various places in the SGE docs - and is also simple to configure - it never was explained *how* to configure it in detail.
One could say than "man queue_conf" contains all details ,-) but the explanation of this feature (configuring a specific attribute  on a per host level) with the help of a small example in the man pages would have helped greatly for a newbie like myself ,-)

Thanks,
Soeren