[GE dev] review for IZ 3064

joga Joachim.Gabler at sun.com
Fri Jun 26 13:01:54 BST 2009

Hello Michael,

IMHO the perfect fix would be to delete everything except the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgebdb
and the bdb spool directory (which might be difficult to figure out).

So I think the approach is OK, if the bdb server de-installation then finally removes the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL and the bdb spool directory.
But what about the qmaster spool directory, if it is *not* in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL? Then it should be deleted in any case, right?

Yet another potential problem area:
If we have ARCo installed, the dbwriter startup script is in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common as well,
and the dbwriter logging goes to $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/dbwriter.
As ARCo can handle multiple SGE clusters, we might want to make sure that these files and directories are preserved as well.

So maybe we should never delete the whole $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL in the qmaster de-installation,
but just delete what really belongs to qmaster, like the qmaster spool directory, the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sgemaster, act_qmaster, reporting, accounting, etc.?

Best regards,

   Joachim