[GE users] Partitions with SGE

steve_s elcorto at gmx.net
Mon Jun 29 12:05:30 BST 2009

On Jun 26 11:38 +0200, joga  wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I assume this is all about parallel jobs,
> running on multiple nodes, but all nodes have to be in one partition.

Yes, exactly.

> This can be achieved in SGE by the use of wildcard pes, see the
> following mail, where Andreas explains such a setup:
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsMessageId=693&dsForumId=38

OK, so if I understand correctly, one does not define partitions as such
(like in Maui for instance) and assigns nodes directly to them

    NODECFG[node001]   PARTITION=astronomy
    NODECFG[node002]   PARTITION=astronomy
    NODECFG[node049]   PARTITION=math

but instead defines a queue for each node and groups them together into
arbitrary hierarchies (PEs). Thanks.

best,
Steve