[GE users] SDM 6.2U3 won't start

cbyun cbyun at ll.mit.edu
Mon Jun 29 20:21:57 BST 2009

Hi,

I just installed SDM from SGE 6.2u3 release without any errors.
Then, I tried to start JVMs but none of them started with the following error:

# sdmadm -s sdm62u3 suj
jvm         host            result message
cs_vm       llgriddev.local ERROR  JVM: cs_vm died during
                                   startup.
executor_vm llgriddev.local ERROR  Timeout. Pid file:
                                   /var/spool/sdm/sdm62u3/run/exe
                                   cutor_vm at llgriddev.local for
                                   JVM: executor_vm not found.
rp_vm       llgriddev.local ERROR  JVM: rp_vm died during
                                   startup.
Error: Command has generated error.

I used Java 1.6.

# echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/java/latest

# /usr/java/latest/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_13"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.3-b02, mixed mode)

Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?

Thanks,
- Chansup