[GE users] accounting on execute hosts

pvdmeer pvdmeer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:11:17 BST 2009

Dear SGE users,

Qacct is a fine tool and works well on my master host here. But on the execute hosts it doesn't have any luck. The execute hosts don't seem to have an accounting file. Which makes qacct complain:

/var/lib/gridengine/default/common/accounting: No such file or directory
no jobs running since startup

The directory in which the accounting file should be present does exist, however. Is it possible to configure SGE to have execute hosts to mirror this file? Otherwise I think I could do it using NFS? Or is there a better way?

Any help is appreciated.

With kind regards,

Pieter van der Meer