[GE users] Difference between SGE and GE

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Jun 30 22:59:46 BST 2009

Between 6.1 and 6.2u2, there's no difference between SGE and GE except
the name and the license.  SGE is the supported for-pay version.  GE is
the free, open source version.  Starting with 6.2u3, the current
release, there are a few features that are only available in SGE.  With
6.2u3, those features are the new SGE Inspect real-time monitoring UI
and the Amazon EC2 connectivity via SDM.  The features are included in
the GE source tree, but they're not included in the GE courtesy binaries.

Daniel