[GE Portal] could not get envirnoment variables SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service "sge_qmaster"

anjan anjan.prasad at wipro.com
Mon Mar 2 07:05:01 GMT 2009

I am using Solaris 10 x86 machine running. configured for Using N1 gride engine with 6.0u4. I have configured the Java Portal server with Gride Engine Portal. I get below error message whenever i open the Gride Engine portal. I have also added the sge port number 1536 and 1537 in /etc/services file.

could not get envirnoment variables SGE_QMASTER_PORT or service "sge_qmaster"

I have set the envirnoment variables correctly and i can see the envirnoment variables.

#env |grep SGE
SGE_CELL=default
SGE_EXECD_PORT=1537
SGE_QMASTER_PORT=1536
SGE_ROOT=/opt/sge

Below the details of my host file details
#cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1      localhost
192.168.1.10   bcgserver bcgserver.wipro.com
192.168.1.11   bcg-compute-01 bcg-compute-01.wipro.com

Thanks & Regards,
Anjan