[GE users] h_vmem as consumable and stack size

s_kreidl sabine.kreidl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 2 11:00:47 GMT 2009

We do experience the same difficulties with h_vmem and the stack size setting with Matlab. And according to a fruitless internet research for a solution, it also causes problems with pthread programs, and is by some providers (e.g. http://naf.desy.de/general_naf_docu/working_with_the_local_batch_system/) considered as a fault of the SGE.

We are admittedly still using SGE version 6.1u4, but are about to update to the newest version.

As this thread is quite old and I couldn't find any reference to an elegant problem solution, I wonder what the appropriate procedure is in this case?

Thankful for any response,
Sabine

Dr. Sabine Kreidl
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)