[GE users] multivalue complexes?

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mon Mar 2 14:19:20 GMT 2009

Hello again.

I would like to define a comple value "hassoftware" which should have
more than one value on a given execution host

GridEngine is 6.2u1 (Linux and Darwin)

I now have:

$ qconf -sc |grep hassoftware
hassoftware hs RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0

and on the execution hosts:

$qconf -se thalia
[...]
complex_values        operatingsystem=ubuntu,hassoftware=rsync, \
                       hassoftware=mencoder,hassoftware=java
[...]

Unfortunately this does not seem to work, since:

$ qhost -F hassoftware -h thalia

gives me only "hassoftware=java". Also requesting the others
(rsync,mencoder) does not work.

Is it not possible to define one complex and have multiple values?

that would mean that I have to define:

hassoftware_java, hassoftware_rsync and such for each of the
software-packages that I would like to have checked. That would not be
very nice.

Thanks,
udo.