[GE users] multivalue complexes?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 2 14:32:17 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 02.03.2009 um 15:19 schrieb udowaechter:

> Hello again.
>
> I would like to define a comple value "hassoftware" which should have
> more than one value on a given execution host
>
> GridEngine is 6.2u1 (Linux and Darwin)
>
> I now have:
>
> $ qconf -sc |grep hassoftware
> hassoftware hs RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
>
> and on the execution hosts:
>
> $qconf -se thalia
> [...]
> complex_values        operatingsystem=ubuntu,hassoftware=rsync, \
>                        hassoftware=mencoder,hassoftware=java
> [...]

yes, there is only one value per entry. But maybe you can combine
them with a uniqe delimiter. Means:

hassoftware=-rsync-mencoder-java-

and request then in qsub -l hassoftware="*-mencoder-*"

The "-" around each entry avoids that an entry is a substring of
another entry (don't use "-" for entries of course).

-- Reuti