[GE users] Restarting sge_execd on all nodes

paulu pcu-m at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 2 23:12:52 GMT 2009

This weekend, by a fileserver failure, the queue master went down
together with the sge_execd daemons on all nodes.

Everything is working again. Restarting all sge_execd daemons was done
by logging on remotely on each node and starting the daemon from the
commandline manually.

Is there some smarter way to do that, for example analogous to
the 'qconf -ke all' command? I quess it is a bit of a catch 22
situation, because there's no daemon to talk to yet.

Of course I could do some scripting, using 'qselect -qs u' to iterate
over all unavailable nodes, but perhaps there is a more elegant way.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks.

--
Paul.